Volunteers are the heart of our organization. Their contributions enrich lives and make it possible to offer programs and services that otherwise would not exist.
On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 Somerset County YMCA celebrated our volunteers at the annual Volunteer Spirit Awards.
Each year, Somerset County YMCA hosts the Volunteer Spirit Awards to honor Y volunteers who have inspired us by giving of themselves to benefit the Y and its members. You are encouraged to nominate volunteers - either yourself or another Y volunteer - for one of the award categories listed below. Nominations open in January and are due in March.
Nominees must meet most or all of the following criteria:
- Spirit enhances the Somerset County YMCA.
- Impacts and helps foster the Y’s mission, goals and objectives
- Demonstrates exceptional commitment, service, creativity, cooperation or leadership
- Serves as a role model for others
- Exemplifies caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Has been committed to volunteer efforts for a significant length of time