At the Y, we believe it is our civic responsibility to support military families in our community as they serve the nation. Military Memberships address the needs of families of deployed military personnel who live far from a military installation and require access to child care, community, and health and well-being programming.
Who is eligible for membership?
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
What do I need to do?
- Visit http://www.asymca.org to confirm your eligibility and obtain an eligibility form.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to the Somerset Hills YMCA for verification. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA.
For more information or to get a military membership, please visit our Welcome Centers or contact Kate Russo at 908 722 4567 x613 or via webmail.