Over the past 70 years, there has been significant growth in our community and in membership at Somerset Hills YMCA.
To continue to best serve you, our members, and address emerging community needs, we are expanding and renovating to overcome the challenges and limitations of our facility.
The overall goals of this capital project are to create:
Expanded and improved wellness space to remove barriers for everyone, all ages and abilities, to be physically active
- More space throughout the building and opportunities to expand vital programs
- Additional space to provide a safe and positive environment for social connections
Toward that end, we have launched a fundraising campaign to expand and renovate Somerset Hills YMCA.
The two-story, 14,000 square foot expansion and renovation project will include:
1st Floor Plans
- Expanded, modern Wellness Center, which will allow for increased:
- Functional fitness training
- Free weights
- Cardio equipment
- Relocating Wellness Center offices to create a more open space
- Level and replace Wellness Center flooring for improved accessibility
2nd Floor Plans
- Three new multipurpose studios
- One expanded, renovated Spin® studio with tiered levels
- One renovated multipurpose studio
- Larger, more modern restrooms
Additionally, the project includes mechanical system enhancements for better efficiency, climate control and comfort throughout the facility.
Looking toward the future, we want to ensure that the Y can best serve our current members and also address emerging community needs in the years to come. This includes programs for children, adults, seniors, individuals with special needs, as well as programs that address social issues such as mental health, substance abuse prevention and chronic disease.
But, the fundraising campaign is about more than bricks and mortar...
Your investment in our Strong Past, Bright Future Campaign guarantees more wellness opportunities for all ages, improved accessibility for individuals of all abilities, additional program opportunities and more space for positive social interactions.
This expansion will allow us to provide you with the best possible experience at the Y, and we are excited about the opportunities it will bring.