Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you'll discover more than a job—you’ll discover a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
There is No Other Workplace like the Y
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change. Every day, our staff—of all ages with diverse backgrounds and life experiences— work to bridge the gap in community needs. These team members nurture the potential of children and teens, improve the nation’s health and well-being and provide support to our neighbors.
VIEW CURRENT OPENINGS
Interested in applying for a summer camp position?
BECOME A COUNSELOR
Our culture brings our mission and vision to life. At the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day.
We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become.
We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.
We are hopeful: we believe in your potential to become a catalyst in the world.
We are nurturing: we support you in developing your full potential.
We are determined: we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger, and it starts with you.
The Y Invests in You
The Y is dedicated to helping you reach your professional goals. We want you to feel valued in your position and confident in your potential. Here, supervisors believe in you and help you to succeed. You’ll be encouraged to become a leader through:
- A comprehensive leadership development and certification system that promotes learning at all stages of your career.
- Employee resource groups created for staff of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Coaching, mentoring and career pathing.
Somerset County YMCA offers the following employee benefits for our part-time staff:
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible work schedule
- Free YMCA membership
- Reduced program fees / school-aged child care
- Sick time off
- 12% retirement contribution to YMCA Retirement Fund after eligibility period
- Community volunteering opportunities
- A fun, friendly, inclusive environment
- Complimentary Staff Membership with access to five association locations and to over 2,500 YMCA locations nationwide
Along with the above, we offer the following employee benefits for our full-time staff:
FIND YOUR Y CAREER
- Subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% contribution towards life insurance and long term disability
- Optional life insurance and dependent life insurance available at low rates
- Paid time off
- Complimentary Family Membership with access to five association locations and to over 2,500 YMCA locations nationwide
Have questions about the application process or job openings? Feel free to contact Human Resources at 908 630 3535 x142 or via email. Somerset County YMCA is a drug-free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information on the YMCA of the USA, visit www.ymca.net